Servicepoint uses Siemens TIA Portal in industrial internet manufacturing applications21.06.2017
Servicepoint and Siemens jointly provided training to Servicepoint’s employees of the potential of the new TIA Portal in robot programming. TIA (Totally Integrated Automation) Portal is a programming tool designed for Siemens logic, panels and power drives designed to speed up, facilitate and optimize programming. The portal can be used to control actuators, and cells consisting of actuators or other units. The portal combines programmable logic, visualization, use, security technology and bus interfaces. The user interface is easy to deploy and interactive, and therefore the user can easily make both automation and application programs with easy software architecture.
“The purpose is to offer for both customers and end users a robot system that has been programmed through TIA Portal. The portal brings additional value to the control of robot cell and communication path is easy to deploy. In Finland, Servicepoint’s employees are among the first to get this training”, tells Timo Laakso, a trainer from Siemens.
Servicepoint’s programmers could practice how the KUKA robot can be easily accessed through the TIA Portal programming tool, thus reducing the resources needed for programming. Until now programmable robots have acted as separate unit in their own “world”. The new programming tool aims to bring the robot closer to its user by making programming easier for an inexperienced robot programmer to build logic and user interference projects. The robot controller will not necessarily be needed in the future, as the user interface transfers to the Siemens panel.
"TIA Portal is commonly used in factory environments where Siemens's logic is in use, but for example in Finland, the mxAutomation software used in training has not yet been used to control the robot via programmable logic”, states robot programmer Kyösti Mäkinen from Servicepoint who participated in the training event. With the help of mxAutomation used in training, the user can concentrate all the programming work on logic; there is no need for two separate operators (logic and robot) in the automation cell. This greatly facilitates programming and deployment at the customer's premises.
"Customers do not see the robot anymore as a deterrent that requires complicated measures for use. Instead of having both a robot programmer and a logic programmer in a project, the logic programmer can independently manage the robot as well. Especially in the industrial environment, this will lower the threshold for the introduction of the system, since there, logic programmers are usually available. Due to the reduced programming needs, the project costs will lower”, says chief operating officer Kari Louhisuo from Servicepoint.
Servicepoint is a solution partner of Siemens, and official system partner of KUKA Robots in Finland. We provide robots for the customers and deploy them to the production site. We provide also maintenance services and, if necessary, re-configure the robots per your needs.
Chief Operating Officer
+358 44 7868 203
- 09.11.2017Servicepoint to build three serialization lines to Santen Pharmaceutical Tampere manufacturing site in Finland
- 01.11.2017Servicepoint has opened a new office in Helsinki
- 09.10.2017At the Subcontracting fair in Finland's largest industrial village
- 19.09.2017Servicepoint invited its customers to enjoy Alahovi berry wine farm´s rustic country atmosphere
- 14.09.2017Modern robot know-how with user-centered design
- 29.06.2017Networked Services for Safe and Secure Pharmaceutical Research, Manufacturing, and Logistics
- 21.06.2017Servicepoint uses Siemens TIA Portal in industrial internet manufacturing applications
- 17.05.2017Helping Russians to get safe medicines in joint project with SKOLKOVO
- 10.05.2017Cobots, collaborative partners for small series production and laboratory work
- 28.03.2017Phil Taylor of Securingindustry.com has interviewed Servicepoint’s Chief Technology Officer, Iiro Jantunen
- 15.02.2017Servicepoint and Systech share a stand at Pharm Connect
- 14.02.2017New Chief Financial Officer: Servicepoint has been building its future actively
- 14.02.2017Latest GS1 standards used in serialization solutions
- 10.02.2017Media release – The pharmaceutical industry in Hungary will soon be forced to make massive investments
- 10.02.2017Serialization know-how brought to Russia in co-operation with Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO
- 09.02.2017Invest at the start of a life cycle: standardize packaging-line components and introduce remote connection for maintenance procedures
- 01.02.2017Packaging Europe: Problem solving solutions
- 16.12.2016Automation supplier specialized in serialization: all ready for the boom
- 25.10.2016YLE: The EU ordered that medicine packages must carry a serial number and thereby opened a billion-euro market for the only Finnish company in the industry.
- 25.10.2016YLE: “Better business than illegal drugs” ‒ this is how a counterfeit erectile dysfunction medicine reaches a Finnish buyer.
- 26.09.2016Serialization automation supplier Servicepoint strengthens its foothold on the European market
- 23.09.2016Servicepoint: Production facilities that match the pharmaceutical industry
- 23.09.2016Is documentation a necessary evil or a useful tool?
- 06.06.2016Pre-planning saves a significant amount on final costs in serialization projects
- 20.04.2016Watch the video: Systech UNIQUITY EUROPE 2016 Highlights
- 15.04.2016Apteekkari magazine: Protected by code
- 04.04.2016Servicepoint disseminated information about serialization in Moscow
- 04.04.2016Servicepoint tests on its own premises – keeping the customer’s production downtime to a minimum
- 11.03.2016Russia's serialization and track & trace system reviewed
- 10.02.2016EU has published the Commission Delegated Regulation regarding the Falsified Medicines Directive
- 18.01.2016Serialization is a quickly growing business
- 10.12.2015Systech and Servicepoint Partner to Deliver Serialization and Automation Solutions to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
- 08.12.2015The patchwork of European pharma serialization
- 02.11.2015Pharmaceutical Serialization & Traceability 2015 2–4.11.2015
- 26.10.2015Pharmaceutical Industry Faces Huge Pressure to Invest
- 08.10.2015Systech Uniquity 2015 – the Global Conference 8–9.10.2015
- 16.06.2015Business from ensuring authenticity of medication: case Servicepoint Kuopio
- 02.06.2015Business operations in ensuring authenticity of medication
- 25.05.2015D.Sc. Iiro Jantunen selected as a project manager at Servicepoint.