Networked Services for Safe and Secure Pharmaceutical Research, Manufacturing, and Logistics29.06.2017
Servicepoint Oy, Medfiles Ltd, and NewIcon, three companies serving the pharmaceutical industry and logistics, have initiated cooperation to safeguard the development, manufacturing, and logistics of medicines. The three companies offer together their networked expertise as a wide combination of services in development manufacturing, and ensuring the safety of use of medicines from pharmaceutical research all the way to the patient.
"Servicepoint offers the pharmaceutical, medical device, as well as other sensitive manufacturing industry automatic serialization packaging systems as all-inclusive turnkey solutions. The level of automation is tailored to customer's requirements and production capacity. We keep a watch on the regulatory developments in the market areas, such as China, EU, Russia, and USA, to provide our customers with up-to-date service", states CEO Pekka Hoffrén, Servicepoint Oy. "We can also provide a full maintenance service. With our vast experience, we can always offer the most economically efficient solution also for retrofit or upgrade needs on existing production lines. Servicepoint sees or cooperation as an answer to the needs of the pharmaceutical industry."
Medfiles offers R&D services for pharmaceutical, medical device, food and nutrition companies, as well as other clients in health care and related industries. “We produce an 'one-stop-shop' service package which offers rapid, fluent and cost-effective way of outsourcing the activities. Our services include pharmacovigilance, clinical trials (phases I-IV), product development and laboratory analytics, medical device, food and nutrition studies, regulatory affairs (both human and veterinary, food and nutrition) as well as health economics and market access services. The collaboration complements our wide range of services even wider”, notes CEO Tuija Keinonen, Medfiles Ltd.
NewIcon Oy is a health technology company that develops and manufactures innovative new generation automation systems for medicine storing, distribution and dispensing. “Our products and services help to make the medicine logistics more efficient and improve patient safety in hospitals and pharmacies. We believe this cooperation will help us to reach also Asian professionals who want better medicine logistics through cooperation with us”, states Ossi Parviainen, CEO, NewIcon Oy.
The three companies, combining their expertise, expect to be able to create brand new innovative products and services. The head offices of each of these companies are located within walking distance in the University of Eastern Finland Kuopio Campus. Several pharmaceutical companies are also located in the same campus, as well as relevant government agencies such as Fimea, National Institute for Health and Welfare THL, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health TTL, and VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland.
Iiro Jantunen, D.Sc. (Tech.), CTO, Servicepoint Oy
Tuija Keinonen, PhD (Pharm.), CEO, Medfiles Ltd
Ossi Parviainen, CEO, NewIcon Oy
Servicepoint is a leading serialization automation supplier in the Nordic countries and it operates in all of Europe and Russia. The roots of its automation expertise go back 30 years. Based in Kuopio, the company specializes in industrial automation projects, maintenance, and robotic applications. Servicepoint has automated hundreds of production lines for different fields of industry, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers.
Medfiles is the biggest CRO in the Nordic countries by the range of services. Professional, experienced (30 years) company, headquartered in Kuopio, offers services for pharmaceutical, medical device, food and nutrition companies who need partner in product development, laboratory analytics and QP certification (GMP certified laboratories), clinical trials, regulatory affairs, health economics and pharmacovigilance. Medfiles has an extensive network in numerous European countries, Asian countries and the United States to accommodate clients’ individual needs and requirements.10-year-old NewIcon Oy has 100% focus on pharmacy automation solutions. The company has developed and manufactures pharmacy storage robots, electronic medicine cabinets and compounding robots for intravenous medicine that are based on digitalization and industrial automation. NewIcon boasts with more than 100 delivery projects e.g. to Finland, Denmark, Israel and Russia. NewIcon, its subsidiaries and distributors sell the products to a dozen of countries in Europe and Asia
- 29.06.2017Networked Services for Safe and Secure Pharmaceutical Research, Manufacturing, and Logistics
- 21.06.2017Servicepoint uses Siemens TIA Portal in industrial internet manufacturing applications
- 17.05.2017Helping Russians to get safe medicines in joint project with SKOLKOVO
- 10.05.2017Cobots, collaborative partners for small series production and laboratory work
- 28.03.2017Phil Taylor of Securingindustry.com has interviewed Servicepoint’s Chief Technology Officer, Iiro Jantunen
- 15.02.2017Servicepoint and Systech share a stand at Pharm Connect
- 14.02.2017New Chief Financial Officer: Servicepoint has been building its future actively
- 14.02.2017Latest GS1 standards used in serialization solutions
- 10.02.2017Media release – The pharmaceutical industry in Hungary will soon be forced to make massive investments
- 10.02.2017Serialization know-how brought to Russia in co-operation with Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO
- 09.02.2017Invest at the start of a life cycle: standardize packaging-line components and introduce remote connection for maintenance procedures
- 01.02.2017Packaging Europe: Problem solving solutions
- 16.12.2016Automation supplier specialized in serialization: all ready for the boom
- 25.10.2016YLE: The EU ordered that medicine packages must carry a serial number and thereby opened a billion-euro market for the only Finnish company in the industry.
- 25.10.2016YLE: “Better business than illegal drugs” ‒ this is how a counterfeit erectile dysfunction medicine reaches a Finnish buyer.
- 26.09.2016Serialization automation supplier Servicepoint strengthens its foothold on the European market
- 23.09.2016Servicepoint: Production facilities that match the pharmaceutical industry
- 23.09.2016Is documentation a necessary evil or a useful tool?
- 06.06.2016Pre-planning saves a significant amount on final costs in serialization projects
- 20.04.2016Watch the video: Systech UNIQUITY EUROPE 2016 Highlights
- 15.04.2016Apteekkari magazine: Protected by code
- 04.04.2016Servicepoint disseminated information about serialization in Moscow
- 04.04.2016Servicepoint tests on its own premises – keeping the customer’s production downtime to a minimum
- 11.03.2016Russia's serialization and track & trace system reviewed
- 10.02.2016EU has published the Commission Delegated Regulation regarding the Falsified Medicines Directive
- 18.01.2016Serialization is a quickly growing business
- 10.12.2015Systech and Servicepoint Partner to Deliver Serialization and Automation Solutions to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
- 08.12.2015The patchwork of European pharma serialization
- 02.11.2015Pharmaceutical Serialization & Traceability 2015 2–4.11.2015
- 26.10.2015Pharmaceutical Industry Faces Huge Pressure to Invest
- 08.10.2015Systech Uniquity 2015 – the Global Conference 8–9.10.2015
- 16.06.2015Business from ensuring authenticity of medication: case Servicepoint Kuopio
- 02.06.2015Business operations in ensuring authenticity of medication
- 25.05.2015D.Sc. Iiro Jantunen selected as a project manager at Servicepoint.