Servicepoint to build three serialization lines to Santen Pharmaceutical Tampere manufacturing site in Finland09.11.2017
Servicepoint will implement a serialization system to three production lines at the Tampere, Finland, manufacturing unit of the leading Northern European ophthalmic drug manufacturer Santen Pharmaceutical. Santen has specialized on medicines for treatment of glaucoma and other eye diseases.
The European Union Commission has adopted a delegated act on Oct 2, 2015 to fight falsified medicines by making serialization and tamper-evident packages compulsory for all prescription medicine packages within the European Union by February 2019. Other markets, such as USA, Russia, and China, to name a few, are implementing or have implemented similar legislations. In the EU market this means thousands of packaging lines to be upgraded.
The responsibility of the project lies with Servicepoint. The system will be shipped and installed during Summer of 2018. The implementation will include serialization software provided by Systech International, and machinery by Inno4Life, both partners of Servicepoint. The monetary value of the order will not be disclosed to public.
Servicepoint is one of the few European enterprises able to provide a complete, integrated, serialization solution to pharmaceutical packaging lines, including consulting, design, build, installation, testing, and maintenance. Servicepoint has already implemented fourteen serialization projects around Europe and Russia and is also working on others at the moment.
Download Press Release
For more information:
Servicepoint Kuopio Oy
Tel: +358 447868 200
Vice President, Manufacturing EMEA
Tel: +358 32848 111
Servicepoint is a leading serialization automation supplier in the Nordic countries and it operates in all of Europe and Russia. The roots of its automation expertise go back 30 years. Based in Kuopio, the company specializes in industrial automation projects, maintenance, and robotic applications. Servicepoint has automated hundreds of production lines for different fields of industry, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers.
Santen Oy is the leading developer and manufacturer of eye care products in the Nordic countries. Its main products are medicines for treatment of glaucoma, eye infections, allergy and dry eye. Santen has currently more than 700 workers in Europe, of which 300 workers in Finland. Santen Oy belongs to a global operating company, Santen Pharmaceuticals Co., Japan. Ltd. a group whose products are sold in more than 60 countries.
Systech International is the global technology leader in product safety, and consumer and brand protection. Systech pioneered serialization and is defining the future of authentication. Trusted by 19 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies, Systech unifies and optimizes enterprise serialization, track and trace, and authentication technologies to ensure regulatory compliance, mitigate risk, and drive efficiency and profitability. For 30 years, Systech’s innovation has led best practices for key brands across the pharmaceutical, life science, food and beverage, and consumer packaged goods industries.
Inno4Life specializes in complex customer-specific equipment & services projects in the Life Science industries, especially the Pharmaceutical (Human and Animal), Medical & Clinical Instrumentation and Food industries. Our knowledge is deeply rooted in the automated pharmaceutical packaging business – therefore, we have the in-built expertise, discipline and very specific know-how to help overcome the evolving challenges constantly faced by customers in highly regulated markets. Relying on many years of combined experience and skills in the management of large-scale projects internationally, we offer a complete range of solutions in the following areas: Equipment & Support, System Integration, System Optimization and independent Expert Advice.
- 09.11.2017Servicepoint to build three serialization lines to Santen Pharmaceutical Tampere manufacturing site in Finland
- 01.11.2017Servicepoint has opened a new office in Helsinki
- 09.10.2017At the Subcontracting fair in Finland's largest industrial village
- 19.09.2017Servicepoint invited its customers to enjoy Alahovi berry wine farm´s rustic country atmosphere
- 14.09.2017Modern robot know-how with user-centered design
- 29.06.2017Networked Services for Safe and Secure Pharmaceutical Research, Manufacturing, and Logistics
- 21.06.2017Servicepoint uses Siemens TIA Portal in industrial internet manufacturing applications
- 17.05.2017Helping Russians to get safe medicines in joint project with SKOLKOVO
- 10.05.2017Cobots, collaborative partners for small series production and laboratory work
- 28.03.2017Phil Taylor of Securingindustry.com has interviewed Servicepoint’s Chief Technology Officer, Iiro Jantunen
- 15.02.2017Servicepoint and Systech share a stand at Pharm Connect
- 14.02.2017New Chief Financial Officer: Servicepoint has been building its future actively
- 14.02.2017Latest GS1 standards used in serialization solutions
- 10.02.2017Media release – The pharmaceutical industry in Hungary will soon be forced to make massive investments
- 10.02.2017Serialization know-how brought to Russia in co-operation with Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO
- 09.02.2017Invest at the start of a life cycle: standardize packaging-line components and introduce remote connection for maintenance procedures
- 01.02.2017Packaging Europe: Problem solving solutions
- 16.12.2016Automation supplier specialized in serialization: all ready for the boom
- 25.10.2016YLE: The EU ordered that medicine packages must carry a serial number and thereby opened a billion-euro market for the only Finnish company in the industry.
- 25.10.2016YLE: “Better business than illegal drugs” ‒ this is how a counterfeit erectile dysfunction medicine reaches a Finnish buyer.
- 26.09.2016Serialization automation supplier Servicepoint strengthens its foothold on the European market
- 23.09.2016Servicepoint: Production facilities that match the pharmaceutical industry
- 23.09.2016Is documentation a necessary evil or a useful tool?
- 06.06.2016Pre-planning saves a significant amount on final costs in serialization projects
- 20.04.2016Watch the video: Systech UNIQUITY EUROPE 2016 Highlights
- 15.04.2016Apteekkari magazine: Protected by code
- 04.04.2016Servicepoint disseminated information about serialization in Moscow
- 04.04.2016Servicepoint tests on its own premises – keeping the customer’s production downtime to a minimum
- 11.03.2016Russia's serialization and track & trace system reviewed
- 10.02.2016EU has published the Commission Delegated Regulation regarding the Falsified Medicines Directive
- 18.01.2016Serialization is a quickly growing business
- 10.12.2015Systech and Servicepoint Partner to Deliver Serialization and Automation Solutions to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
- 08.12.2015The patchwork of European pharma serialization
- 02.11.2015Pharmaceutical Serialization & Traceability 2015 2–4.11.2015
- 26.10.2015Pharmaceutical Industry Faces Huge Pressure to Invest
- 08.10.2015Systech Uniquity 2015 – the Global Conference 8–9.10.2015
- 16.06.2015Business from ensuring authenticity of medication: case Servicepoint Kuopio
- 02.06.2015Business operations in ensuring authenticity of medication
- 25.05.2015D.Sc. Iiro Jantunen selected as a project manager at Servicepoint.